College Advising through One College Ave.
http://abqct.com/sponsors INITIAL CONSULTATION
The initial consultation consists a review of our services as well as the student’s academic standing, goals and extracurricular activities. Upon signing a consulting agreement, the fee for the initial consultation is applied to the grade-level fee.
where to buy tinidazole WHAT IS A “PACKAGE”?
We work on a “package” basis. What does that mean? For some consultants, it means you pay for a certain amount of hours up front and receive a limited number hours and applications per student. Not us. We offer each student an unlimited number of applications and will spend as many hours as it takes to get it right so your student can concentrate on the process instead of the clock.
FRESHMAN – JUNIOR YEARS
Every student has different interests, likes and learning styles; a college that may be right for one student may not be the best match for another. As we get to know our students, we review the best strategies for curriculum, extracurricular activities, standardized testing, community service, unique talents, and summer enrichment. We offer suggestions on how students can strengthen their profiles, so college doors are open for them.
GOING INTO SENIOR YEAR…
We guide students through all phases of the application process: creation of activities resumes, preparing for interviews, and obtaining recommendations. We assist with developing and reviewing essays — from brainstorming topics to rough drafts to final review. Services include:
- Compose a thorough list of best-fit college options
- Assist in selecting final list of colleges
- Consider early action/early decision options
- Discuss special circumstances
Aid in all phases of the application process including:
- prioritized lists: activities, honors, work, community service and summer experiences
- campus visits: how to research and plan, maps, rating charts, tips, scheduling
- interviewing: strategies and practice
- recommendations: whom to ask and how to make them count
- essays: assist with appropriate topics, style, technique, tone, format and editing
- final review of applications